[AMPS] Which Amp?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Which Amp?
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 97 14:40:54 -0700
>> So Rich, tell us how to do this. What is your insights with this amp?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> eds
>> w1zz
>
>Hi Ed,
>
>Like the K2AW deal and others, OVERsight might be a more accurate
>term.
Who claimed that K2AW's potted rectifiers were microwave oven rectifiers?
>> > If I owned an AL-1200, I would be tempted to fix the problems I am aware
>> >of.  For starters:
>
>>Faster/quieter switching,
>
>That is a good suggestion. Vacuum relays would be nice.
Only one is needed.  The input RF relay could be a Matsushita RSD type.
A vacuum relay is only nice if it is an RJ-1A, or Kilovac HC-1, and it is
mounted on silicone rubber beads.  Otherwise it is noisy.
>>>removing the inane "neutralization" circuit
>
>Rich somehow has made up his mind a grounded grid PA can not be
>neutralized with a bridge neutralization circuit. He is
>un-budge-able, but never the less very wrong,
If Rich is 'very wrong', then Henry Radio, ETO, Eimac, Commander,
Ten-Tec, and the rest are also 'very wrong'. ........ Look ma,
everybody's out of step except Tommy!
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K