[AMPS] Swan MK II choke question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Swan MK II choke question
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 97 03:24:53 -0700
>A few weekends ago when using my Swan MK II it smoked the parasitic choke
>resistors on the plate caps ...

-- If this happened on other than on 10m RTTY, I would be concerned that
the resistors may have been crispy-crittered by a VHF parasite.  If it
was an intermittent parasitic oscillation, replacing the VHF suppressor
resistors is unlikely to provide a solution.

>and also a small wire wound resistor (choke)
>which feeds the main ceramic plate choke.  Does anyone know what value I
>should
>replace this unit with?  It was suggested 10 ohm 10 watts but the manual
>shows no value.

10 ohm, 10w is good provided it is the round, glass-coated type, about
5cm in length.

>Be easy on me, I'm not an expert.

No problem, Gary.  Just decree that you are a "recognized expert".  After
that, you are auto-licensed to technoblather and collect lap-dogs.  Go
for it!

>Gary VE4YH

Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K