[AMPS] splatter

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] splatter
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 22:43:58 +0000
Rich wrote:

> He has seen "dozens" of them and yet, Mr. Rauch has not named even one of
> the tube types.

Rich, I think you just like to argue about nothing. That's why I
ignored you. One boring argument at a time is more than enough.

> -   Class AB1 is a indeed a strange one since a maximum results from a
> nothing---i.e., maximum peak anode current coincides with zero grid
> potential.

Then please tell us all where we can read that Rich. Maybe my books
are all wrong.

Where can I find your definition, that peak anode current appears at
zero grid volts? Please quote the reference text.

My books all say plate current flows less than 360 and more than 180
degrees, and the grid current is zero. As I understand that
statement, we can operate any power grid tube in class AB1.

Not that it's all that important, but we should understand the
correct definition. It has nothing to do with any requirement
maximum plate current must appear at zero grid volts

All AB1 means is no grid current, and shorter than class A but longer
than class B conduction angle. An SB-220 (with a good zener
diode) crosses class A, AB1 and AB2 as drive varies on voice.

73, Tom W8JI