[AMPS] MLA-2500 Help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MLA-2500 Help
From: buddyl@wa.net (Buddy Lumpkin)
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 22:39:23 -0700
Bob,

    The open cap will do exactly what you ask. The voltage measured across the
filter cap at the output of a full wave rectifier is about 1.414xRMS. I bet if
you measure the AC voltage applied to the rectifier you will get about 1838VAC.
This is the RMS AC input voltage. The DC voltage measured at the output of the
rectifier (without a filter cap) would be the AVERAGE DC voltage. Where 2600V *
.636 = 1653.6 or 1838VAC * .9 = 1653V.
    I think that once you replace that cap you will be in good shape!
        -- Buddy