[AMPS] Technobabble

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Technobabble
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 21:43:22 EDT

A helicopter was flying around above Seattle when an electrical
malfunction
disabled all of the aircraft's electronic navigation and communications
equipment. Due to the clouds and haze, the pilot could not determine the
helicopter's position and course to steer to the airport. The pilot saw
a tall building, flew toward it, circled, drew a handwritten sign, and
held it in the helicopter's window.
The pilot's sign said "WHERE AM I?" in large letters.
People in the tall building quickly responded to the aircraft, drew a
large sign, and held it in a building window.
Their sign said "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER."
The pilot smiled, waved, looked at his map, determined the course to
steer to
SEATAC airport, and landed safely. After they were on the ground, the
copilot
asked the pilot how the "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER" sign helped determine
their position.
The pilot responded "I knew that had to be the MICROSOFT building
because
they gave me a technically correct, but completely useless answer."

Doesnt the punch line remind a few readers of one chap on this reflector?

73...Carl  KM1H