[AMPS] More SB-220 Comments

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] More SB-220 Comments
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:54:44 EDT
On Fri, 11 Jul 97 17:40:42 -0700 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:
>snip...
>> The correct choke rating is 100ma
>
>Not acording to the Heath parts list.  #27ga. wire in a 100mA choke?

The Heath chokes are #30 wire Rich, at least all the ones I have checked
here.
I just dont like that resistor idea since it adds all those extra 1000pf
caps into the equation. If you want a resistor, why not just wind a 1 mh
choke on a FT50-75, it only takes 19T of #30, and then the resistor to
ground. I have done that numerous times when I didnt have a spare
Pi-wound JW Miller handy. The Millers are rated at 160ma.

Guess I'll stick with what I'm comfortable with until I can be convinced
otherwise. For sure, I will not directly ground the grids without some
form of a fuse link or other protection. I have fixed too many AL-82,
AL-80A, SB-1000 type amps to want to go that route.

73...Carl  KM1H