[AMPS] Grid dissipation

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Grid dissipation
From: sbookout@mnsinc.com (Steve Bookout)
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 08:23:06 -0400
Peter Gerba wrote:

> I guess this looks like I'm taking sides..
>
> EIMAC/VARIAN 8877/3CX1500A7 Technical Data (Effective 3/91) #2206..
> Page 2, 4th paragraph.. heading : "ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS"..Grid
> Dissiapation..20 Watts. Right there in the old (latest) data sheet.
>
> pete
>
> Peter Gerba
> pgerba@crl.com
>
> On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Steve Bookout wrote:
>
> > Well, guys, I can get into this one.
> >
> > I am wearing my raincoat, so save your 'golden showers' for each other,
> > but I have in my hand a 7 page, stapled, yellow at the top, 8 x 11 data
> > sheet that has Eimac all over it, which states on page 2 at the bottom
> > under 'absolute maximum ratings':  'GRID DISSIPATION ..........25 WATTS'
> >
> > The date is copyright 1970, 71, 73, 75 by Varian (Revised 7-1-75)
> >
> > You can say what you want to qualify your answers, and maybe it's valid,
> > but I see right here in front of me, 25 watts.
> >
> > For every example of different classes of operation, it is still 25
> > watts max.
> >
> > 73 de Steve, NJ4F

Well, then, you know what this means don't you?

WE'RE BOTH RIGHT!

I suppose Eimac misprinted some technical brochures, so we know why we
come up with different answers, but we still don't know what the max is
do we?

Well, I can tell you that I, personally, did not lose any sleep over it
last night.

73 all de Steve, NJ4F