[AMPS] Re: Amps Digest V1 #182

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Amps Digest V1 #182
From: cvictor@hooked.net (Chris Victor)
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 21:05:10 -0700
Howdy Fellow RF Amplifier Clan,

I just picked up a BTI LK-2000D amp and was wondering if anybody else on
this reflector has had one/used one
in the past years. It's got a 3-1000Z tube and from what I'm told puts
out 'just fine'.

I plan to use it only between 80-20mtrs and just need your comments
good/bad.

This model is the seperated version with the RF Deck sperate from the
'roll-a-bout coasters' pwr supply.

Before I light it up, I do plan to carefully inspect the bandswitch and
remove all corrosion areas [if any].

Rich: I do realize that yes it is a 3-1000z and is prone to 'parasitics'
on 15 & 10mtrs, but I don't plan to use it up there.  And do realize
that it could even oscilate on the lower freq's as well....

Chris WA6SUY    "The only amps that are worth watching are the ones that
glow at you"
San Mateo, CA.    cvictor@hooked.net