[AMPS] CENTURION HELP

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] CENTURION HELP
From: CATALANO_DENIS_E@hq.navsea.navy.mil (CATALANO_DENIS_E@hq.navsea.navy.mil)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 11:54:05 -0400
     Greetings,
         I've been reading the amp reflector for about a year now, and
     learning a lot.  Now I have a problem that I need help with.

     My 422 TenTec Centurion has worked fine for several years.  I haven't
     used it all summer, but decided to turn it on last night.  As soon
     as I turned the power switch on, both primary line fuses blew along
     with the circuit breaker.  No smoke, and no visible damage after
     inspecting it inside and out.  I took a reading across the 220V line
     cord (unpluged of course) with the fuses replace and read 6.6 ohms. Is
     this normal?  Any ideas?  The only thing I did before applying power
     was switching the standby switch from operate to standby.
                                                TNX, Denis, W4DC