[AMPS] Perfect Amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Perfect Amplifier
From: Joseph.F.Nemecek@twa.com (Nemecek, Joseph F.)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:32:07 -0500
The discussion on Parasitics in a VHF Amplifier included the statement
from one of the respondence that, "there is no such thing as a perfect
amplifier." While I agree, I think the "Loudenboomer," designed by W0AR
and covered in a QSL article in the '60's (I think it was around 1963)
comes pretty close. I consisted of a 4CX-1000 in g-g, class AB1
operation. I built several of them over the years and they all performed
flawlessly. I'm still using one that was built in the mid-sixties
complete with OA2's and OB2's for the control and screen grid
regulation. Lee Bergren is to be congradulated for designing a
"state-of-the-art" amplifier in the late '50's that's still hard to beat
today!
Joe, K0JN