[AMPS] Re: [DX] 3CX3000F1

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: [DX] 3CX3000F1
From: w8ik@ibm.net (Joe Subich, W8IK)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 12:47:51 -0400
At 11:22 AM 9/28/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sun, 28 Sep 1997 18:39:45, Nick, VK9LX wrote:
>
>>My apologies for  being  off the topic...
>>Can any one tell me please what is the difference between
>>3CX3000F1 and 3CX3000F7?
>>I would like to hear from someone who has used this or similar
>>tube in hf pa.
>>Is there any 'reflector' devoted to hf amplifiers on the Internet?
>>Nick
>I am also interested in the same answer!  Rich, Tom, Carl?
>

>From the Varian Power Grid Tube Catalog:

                        3CX3000A1/8238       3CX3000A7
                        3CX3000F1/8239       3CX3000F7/8162

Plate Dissipation:                4000                 4000
Grid Dissipation:                   50                  225
Filament            Thoriated Tungsten   Thoriated Tungsten
   Voltage                         7.5                  7.5
   Current                        51.5            51.5/50.5
Amplification                        5                  160
Transconductance                11,000
Max ratings
   Plate Volts                    6000                 5000
   Plate current                   2.5                  2.5

Typical Operation      AB1 Grid driven               AB2 GG
   Plate Volts                    5500*                4800
   Plate Current                   2.2*                 2.0
   Drive Power                       0                  410
   Power Output                   8250*                7260

                            * two tubes

Note: The A1/F1 versions are coaxial base tubes
      The A7/F7 versions have filament and grid leads

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W8IK  ex-AD8I
       <w8ik@ibm.net>