[AMPS] ALC question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ALC question
From: kb2mym@li.net (Rafael A Diaz)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 05:26:23 -0400
hi rob! and eveyone else here!
this is also my first time on here, but found most people very helpful.
Now from what i was told buy a guy very big into dxing and contesting.
you all know him i think! N2TX.
he told me when i bought my sb-1000 which by the way is
the al-80-a just that heathkit has thier name on it, but that is the
only difference. He said you only need the alc line if you rig does more
than 100 wtts. now i use the kenwood ts-850s and i have not use the alc
line. just the key line. and the amp works great.. i dont know how true
it is abut the 100 wtt limit for the alc. but i must say i have not had
any trouble with my sb 1000..

ps i have a qustion or two about logging software and dont want to post
it in wornf field, so where should i post that?
gud luck 73 de kb2mym