[AMPS] Bird Thruline Line Section Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Bird Thruline Line Section Question
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 13:59:56 +0100
Phil Clements wrote:
>I have a Bird part number 4522-002-5 50 ohm line section that did not come
>with any meters.
>What is the correct meter movement to use with this device?

You'd have to check with the Bird catalog or the web site. I have one
photocopied page here which doesn't show your part number, but it does
show a wide range of meter currents and resistances.

Many of the Bird fixed-range RF power sensors use the standard 30uA
1400R meter. Although they don't use the standard removable slugs, they
come in the same frequency and power ranges. These are the ones with a
catalog number 4<letter><watts>, eg 4C1000.

The other types have many different outputs, eg 1.5V into 5K, 100uA/5K,
200uA/520R etc.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek