[AMPS] The Emtron DX2 amp: A 50ohm 50 Watt resistor in B+?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] The Emtron DX2 amp: A 50ohm 50 Watt resistor in B+?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 09:30:48 EDT
On Fri, 17 Oct 97 03:15:03 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:
>> at 10:00 PM 10/16/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>>I question the resoning on a high value such as the 50ohm 50 Watt
>>>resistor in their amp. Seems a little off to me.
>>>
>>>Comments?
>>>

>>That is Svetlana's recommended value for that tube.
>
>Which tube, Phil?

For the 4CX1600B as used in the Emtron the "real" Svetlana recommendation
is 25 Ohms or more. This would then lead to the assumption that the tube
manufacturer feels a 110-120A surge is acceptable at a nominal
2700-3000VDC.
See my other post for the spec sheet quote.

Again assuming around a 3KV Ep in the Emtron (Tube max is 3.3KV) the amp
designer is being quite conservative with a 60A rating.

73  Carl   KM1H