[AMPS] MLA 2500B mod

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MLA 2500B mod
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 07:13:15 +0000
> From:          "John Harrison" <k4vzc@kih.net>

> Hello all: I was given a 2500B with two bad tubes. I understand that there
> is a mod to convert to 4CX400's. I can handle the conversion from grounded
> grid to AB ok but was concerned about the air flow for the new tubes. If
> anyone has done the mod or has info on this, would like to hear. I'll
> reimburse any one for a copy of this mod. Thanks Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Be careful with that "mod".

It has very poor screen regulation, greatly overtaxes the 120
volt (12 VA ICAS) winding of the Dentron power transformer, and
drives too easy for most exciters.

With some mods, the mod will work. The way it is, I'd stay away from
it.

I think Svetlana is goind to have some 3CX800's soon. One or
two 3CX800's, either from Eimac or Svetlana, would be a better
and cleaner mod.

73, Tom W8JI