[AMPS] L75 Band Switch

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] L75 Band Switch
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 97 04:09:12 -0800
>Hi all,
>I have a Drake L75 Amp that has a bad band switch. The Amp
>works fine on all bands but 20 meters. The contact on the 20
>meter position is burned off. I called Drake and they said
>that they no longer carry parts for those amps. It looks like
>I might be able to replace the wafer....
>Does anyone know where I can get a replacement or of a way to
>repair the switch?

I agree with Roger Cook: i.e., salvage a good contact from another switch
wafer.  ... ...
-  A friend's L75 also mysteriously vapourized a bandswitch contact, not
during tuning, not due to an antenna fault.  Decreasing the VHF-Rp of the
L75's VHF suppressor seems to have prevented a repeat occurrence (13yrs.
and counting).  .
Rich...

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K