[AMPS] Amp Supply LK-500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Amp Supply LK-500
From: mwalker@geronimo.legato.com (Mike Walker)
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 16:29:15 -0500
Hi Lane

I just bought one and I love it.  I checked here and got nothing but good
reports about it.  The price is about right and it seems really well built.
 It also has 160M which is great as well.

It will trip off if you exceed some of the loading specs, but it resets on
its own in a few seconds.

I'm sure others will offer their comments...

Mike

At 01:26 PM 29/11/97 -0800, Lane C. Zeitler wrote:
>Gentlemen:
>
>I have an opportunity to purchase an amp Supply LK-500ZA amplifier locally
>for $600.00. Fully operational with fresh Eimac 3-500Zs. I am not familiar
>with Amp Supply other than Mr. Dennis Hadd of Dentron was behind Amp
>Supply.
>
>Does the LK-500 seem to be relatively close to the SB-220 and L4-B in terms
>of craftsmenship and reliability?? I have made extensive mods to my 220 and
>4-B and understand the differences in ruggedness behind these two--the 4-B
>being built like an old Sherman tank and the 220 being "marginally
>acceptable".
>
>Is the Amp Supply at least equal to the 220 in terms of conservativeness
>and component headroom (virtually none) or am I looking at making
>significant improvements a la' SB-220??
>
>Comments concerning the LK-500 most welcome.
>
>Lane
>KM3G
>San Diego

Mike Walker VA3MW