[AMPS] Re: G2DAF AMPLIFIER CIRCUIT

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: G2DAF AMPLIFIER CIRCUIT
From: lars.harlin@pocab.se (Lars Harlin)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 23:25:38 +0100
At 10:13 1997-12-11 -0800, you wrote:
>... ...
>>Have used the amp for four years in G2DAF configuration. In my opinion
>>a very clever design wich also contributes to the stability.
>>
>The G2DAF circuit works fairly well with two-tone linearity tests --
>*provided* that one uses minimal grid current.
>-   Eimac tells us that constant screen voltage is imperative for good
>linearity. During a two-tone test on a G2DAF amplifier, the screen
>potential is constant.
>-  Two friends built G2DAF amplifiers.  They conducted two-tone tests.
>The linearity was acceptable as long as they kept the grid current low.
>I measured the IMD of these amplifiers, on the air when SSB
>voice-modulation was in use.  The total IMD products from either
>amplifier was in the 21 - 23 db range when normal amounts of grid current
>were flowing.  (measurements were referenced against HP-355 step
>attenuators}
>.
Exactly Rich, thats why I think that 2-tone measurements are very
questionable. I mean, none of us (I hope) have a 2-tone speech/voice
quality...
and thats why I want to do more measurements on my amp as well as on
factorydesigned conventional amps for comparison.

>>Read in the archive that some of you "wiseguys" stated that the G2DAF
>>design was as close to class C as you could get. Bullshit!
>>
>>During the period I`ve used my amp I have`nt got a single complaint abt
>>beeing "to broad".
>
>Most people won't tell me when my zipper is down, Lars.
>
>Rich...

Thats to bad Rich, not only for me, but maybe even in a higher degree for

/Lars

>R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K

Lars Harlin                     Private:        lars.harlin@pocab.se
Gräftågränd 22                  Hobby:          sm3bdz@pobox.com