[AMPS] 4-400 input ckt help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4-400 input ckt help
From: AlexQRP@aol.com (AlexQRP)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 18:30:40 EST
 HI everyone, new to the list,so thought I'd start out with a "deep" question.
Had a fella give me ,yes "give me", a pair of new 4-400's.So one of the older
ARRL handbooks has a schematic using a pair of these tubes. There is no tuned
input on the amplifier so I was wondering if there is a way to do it without
all sorts of coils/cap circuitry?  Maybe something like a toroid with with "x"
amount of turns centertapped and fed thru a .01 cap to the filaments?? I'm at
a total loss so any and all help is appreciated. Thanks  Alex  W5ALX  Dallas.