[AMPS] Eimac Y-477

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Eimac Y-477
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John Lyles)
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 19:06:53 -0700
I have a couple of Y477's. They came out of Mil surplus aircraft HF
amplifiers. I got 3 or 4 of them locally, and stripped one, sold the others
for parts. The Y477 is very similar to the 4CX1500B, in ratings, linearity,
socket. I got a data sheet on it (it is a special Eimac made for this
application, conduction cooled) and will send you info if you'd like. It
reads very similar to the 1500B data sheet however, except for the lack of
airflow data for cooling the finned version.

It should make a dandy HF amplifier, until you need another tube. These
were very expensive, compared to the 1500B.

Don't chip the BeO heat conductor!

Happy New Year.
73,

John