[AMPS] Socket Identification

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Socket Identification
From: sbookout@mnsinc.com (Steve Bookout)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 21:00:52 -0500
Hello all,

I have a socket in my possession which I can't identify and thought some of
you may have a clue or two.

It is a breech lock type of socket similar to those used with a 4cx1000.

The number on the bottom is Y-131A and it is Eimac.

The one thing I see which seems peculiar to me is that only one of the 3
'locking posts', or what ever you call the female part which receives the
flat connections on the tube, has multiple connections.  The other two
posts only have the top connection.  I assume this is the screen by the way
it's marked.  These two posts are made from linen  phenolic material.

At each 120^ place on the bottom, the two #6 screws are insulated from the
bottom piece of metal with a Teflon button and each is marked 'screen.'  It
has the splined center pin, same as 4cx1000 socket.

There is also another number, 149154, marked on the bottom.

There is no circular 'top' to this socket that might interface to the
chassis.  It's just topped with two #6 studs on top of each post.  I don't
know if it's supposed to be this way or it incomplete.

Anyone have any clues about what it may be good for?

73 de Steve, NJ4F

Steve Bookout, NJ4F
Rapidan Data Systems

'DX4WIN...The way logging programs should be!'
Free demo at http://www.erols.com/pvander