[AMPS] Re: Push-pull 6M amplifier?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Push-pull 6M amplifier?
From: jmellis@ihug.co.nz (Martin Ellis)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:32:57 +1300
This does not sound like a good idea.
When linear design went to single ended finals with
pi-coupled output, the main reason was improved harmonic
suppression, and coupling to coax feedlines.

I have tried a link coupled amplifier on 6m and the harmonics
were horrendous.

I have found that a pair of coaxial stubs (open and closed)
fitted between the pi-circuit and the antenna relay to be very
effective in eliminating the 200MHz fourth harmonic.
I could dig up the measurements of it is of any help.

B&W sell a 6M low-pass filter with a cut-off at 60 MHz. This
is only good for 1500W.

Regards,
Martin ZL1ANJ