[AMPS] Simple amps needed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Simple amps needed
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:17:05 +0000
The 6E2L crew just finished an expedition to Baja California for the
ARRL DX CW contest, and once again we ran into amplifier
problems. We would like to obtain a couple of simple amplifiers,
probably based on a pair of 3-500Z's, for these expeditions.
We drive down by car, so portability is not a major consideration.
The amps need to cover 160 - 10 meters, with a kw or higher output.
We had good luck this time with an SB-220, but it does not cover 160
in stock configuration.

Can the SB-220 be modified for 10-160? (or even 15-160?) There seems
to be a good supply of SB-220's available in the < $500 range.
Any other ideas? We don't want to spend a fortune on the amps, which
will be pretty much dedicated to this application, and
don't want any complicated control circuits or fragile grids.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]