[AMPS] 50K on CB

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 50K on CB
From: wd6esz@quick.net (wd6esz)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 02:08:49 -0800 (PST)
I know that here in Southern California it is not uncomon to have vehicles
drive by and blow out your automotive electronics from high power CB's.  I
can do a kw on 10m from MY car and not even begin to be as disruptive as
the power that comes out of CBer's cars.  I have even had a CBer pull up
beside me at a signal and kill my ignition from all the RF.  CBer's
usually run MORE power than most hams.

        Rich