[AMPS] Legal Limit Tuners

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Legal Limit Tuners
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 98 16:17:16 -0600
>Any thoughts, opinions, experiences with the various legal-limit tuners
>which are out there on the market?  I'm looking to buy one -- just put
>up a wire-- Of course I would like the best-built tuner for the dollar,
>but would first like to hear from you-all -- perhaps if I skirt past the
>marketing hype I can make an intelligent buying decision -- hi.
>
>CU in the pileups, boys ----
>
>Mitch P. Alexander  KG9DB/4

Mitch,

It's not a new tuner, but it is a good one...I have a Heath Roller
Inductor Tuner.  I can't remember the model number off the top of my
head, but it's a very large tuner and has a built in balun to run either
single wire or ladder line in addition to coax.

It is just a tuner - no switches or bypass or anything.  But it tunes
stuff up quite well and will easily handle legal limit.

You can find these at Hamfests for about $100

73,

Jon
KE9NA

BTW: I know KG9DF...A close call to yours!  8-)

Jon Ogden

jono@webspun.com

www.qsl.net/ke9na