[AMPS] Ameritron

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ameritron
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner, W7TI)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 02:00:48 GMT
On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 20:06:23 -0800, John Kjos
<KB9RPM@centuryinter.net> wrote:

>Hi,I am planning on getting a second Amp.I currently have a Ameritron
>AL-80B.I am happy with it.I am considering Ameritron AL-572 or
>AL-82.Does anyone have any thoughts on either of these?Thank you, John
>KB9RPM
My experience with my one and only Ameritron amp tells me the power
ratings are for CW and SSB only, not RTTY or any other
constant-carrier mode.  Unfortunately, they don't make any such
disclaimer, so one could be misled into believing they are RTTY-rated.
They're not.  Outside of that, they are a good value for the money.

73, Bill W7TI