[AMPS] Tuning of amps - 3cx800s,etc..

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tuning of amps - 3cx800s,etc..
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 18:07:44 EST
On Sun, 15 Mar 98 12:35:50 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:

>- Eimac publishes no maximum grid-current rating for high Mu triodes,
>nor
>recommends  specific grid currents.

OH???
The 3CX800A7 Eimac sheet recommends as "typical" 36ma  CW  and 16ma two
tone grid currents at an Ep of 2200VDC.
Similar recommendations exist for numerous triodes; 3-500Z, 3-1000Z, etc.

Maximum currents are not specified in the sheets but I have a copy of an
Eimac letter to Amp Supply stating that 50ma is the absolute limit for
the 3CX800A7.  I would suggest that other manufacturers have asked
similar questions...if only to include it in the manual.

I made particularly sure to have those specs included during the rewrite
of the LK-800A manual and also the short lived LK-780 (two 3CX800A7's)
and LK-750 ( one tube).

73  Carl  KM1H

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]