[AMPS] SB-220 = SB-221 ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 = SB-221 ?
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 98 07:22:21 -0800
>Hello all
>I have a HEATHKIT SB-220 and is offered an SB-221. I GUESS they are alot
>the same (2x3-500Z). I haven't seen it yet and want to know if there is
>a big difference between the two?
>Can someone inform me?

The SB-221 is missing the 4, 10m contacts on the input and output
bandswitch wafers, has one 11m Citizen's Band filter, and uses different
values in the tuned input circuits in order to compensate for the 11m
filter.  Late models of the SB-221 have a wider-spaced Tune C - which
places the bandswitch in greater danger of arcing during glitches.
-  later, Einar.

cheers
Rich...

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K