[AMPS] YC-156 Data

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] YC-156 Data
From: davek@medphys.ucl.ac.uk (Dave Kirkby)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 16:23:08 +0100
W7CW Jay E Ostrem wrote:

> Evening Fellows,
>
> I've been playing with the KD9JQ Triode program and have found it
> pretty
> interesting. I've been told by a number of folks that you can model a
> YC-156 by using the 3CX15000B7 file that is included in the program.
> Any
> comments?

I was told that the 3CX15000B7 would be a good starting point by Eimac.
The heater, grid, and cathode are all the same. The bottom end of
the3CX15000B7, 3CPX5000A7 and YC156 s are mechanically identical too.
The anode of the 15 kW device is naturally bigger than the other two
tubes.. I do have both data sheets, but not handy - give me a day or
two.  The problem is I see that the only SSB/linear data on the
3CX15000B7 data sheet results in an anode dissipation a *little* over 5
kW (about 5.5 kW if memory serves me correct), so you cant exactly
follow it, and still stay within the ratings of the YC156.

G8WRB