[AMPS] Re: Broadband tube type "no tune" amplifiers.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Broadband tube type "no tune" amplifiers.
From: jmellis@ihug.co.nz (Martin Ellis)
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 22:31:45 +1200
Skip WV6F wrote:
> let me say many thanks for the informative replies about the
> various no tune amplifiers that have appeared through the years.
> Any other comments or information are greatly appreciated.

 There was a series of No-Tune amplifiers sold by Amp Supply Co.
I have a brochure for the LK-800A which featured three 3CX-800A7
tubes. I understand this was released at Dayton 1985.

The unit was priced as
LK800A          $2495.00 USD
LK800NT         $2995.00 USD
Optional external Power Pac, allows 2.2KW CW/RTTY continuous output
$350.00 USD.
The LK-800-NT is stated to be No Tune up version of LK-800A.

I do not know how the No Tune up version operated, but I think
there was a story that it had an extra wafer on the band change
switch.  The extra wafer may have had an adjustable-preset cap
on the load side for each band.  Not sure if this is correct,
but someone may still be operating one of these amps.

Hope this may help.

Martin ZL1ANJ