[AMPS] Oxide Cathodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Oxide Cathodes
From: w4eto@rmii.com (Richard W. Ehrhorn)
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 12:24:52 -0600
Hi Jay...

We've used the 3CXP5000A7/YC-179 literally by the thousand at ETO in AB2
g-g for 20+/- kW pulsed MRI service and never noticed the note that says, I
think, "NORMAL Class C operation is not permitted... but pulsed duty
IS...etc." The term "normal Class C" is certainly ambiguous, but our seat
of the pants guess is that they probably mean keyed CW or FM and are
probably doing a CYA because this particular manifestation of the
3CX15000B7 hasn't ever been evaluated & qualified for Class C by Eimac.

Unable to even imagine why Class C CW would be a problem if grid and other
ratings aren't exceeded, I buzzed ETO's V.P. Engineering (he also designed
of the Signal/One CX-7 31 years ago), who's much closer to the firing line
these days than I am. Made him curious enough that he's going to try to
extract an explanation from Eimac. Stay tuned.

73,    Dick   W0ID