[AMPS] National Amplifiers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] National Amplifiers
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 19:53:36 EDT
On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 15:15:58 -0500 Bob Perring <perring@texas.net>
writes:
>How many models of amplifiers did National and Hammarlund ever sell to
>the amateur market and the particulars on each, please?
>I only recall the NCL-2000 (National) and the HXL-1 (Hammarlund)
>73,
>Bob
>N5RP

If you mean amplifier in the pure sense then the NCL-2000 was it for
National. They had a few transmitter/amplifier combos back in the 30's
but I dont think that is what you were looking for.
The NCL covered 80-10M and ran a pair of 8122 ceramic tetrodes. Key down
output in the SSB position was around 1200W. Swamped grid input for low
VSWR and ate up the RF from the NCX-3/ NCX-5 xcvr; S Line or whatever.

73  Carl  KM1H   National Radio 1963-69; part of NCL-2000 design team

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]