[AMPS] Intermod

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Intermod
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 09:48:48 +0100
>Another thing I remember is that a repeater site I worked on had a lot of
>probs with IMD, some coming in the back door, and a lot from rusty metal on
>the tower, connectors, and dirty transmitters.

Plessey Microwave Components (who disappeared when GEC and Siemens bought
and carved up Plessey) produced 'Anti-Intermodulation Grease' at vast prices
for the Royal Navy. It was especially formulated to have adequate viscosity
to be used at sea, and sufficiently conductive to short out the rusty bolt
effects. It did actually work, and I suspect somebody still makes it. Not, I
would have thought for the UK Navy, as that's got so small, it's hardly
there.

But 'Anti - Intermodulation Grease' is good topic to get things going.

Nearly  as good for winding things up as parasitics...........

73

Peter G3RZP