[AMPS] Gases liberated in plate

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Gases liberated in plate
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 11 May 98 20:00:51 -0500
>John, thanks a lot for digging that up.  It and the prior Philips posting
>completely validates the gas arc theory IMO.
>It also provides solid footing to explain the bent filaments in some
>3-500Z's.

Agreed, Carl.  Yes it does.

However, I still stick to my original question:  Why don't we see more
damage in 3-500Z's that arced.  Why not melted grids, filaments, etc.
Why just bent filaments?  Is it because the stock SB-220 linears have the
current limiting resistors in them?  I didn't think they did.  Wouldn't
an arc do much more damage than just bend the filaments?

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden