[AMPS] My try at unravelling the knotty VHF-Rp Enigma

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] My try at unravelling the knotty VHF-Rp Enigma
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 14 May 98 10:52:36 -0800
In Wes' (copyright 1997 by W. D. Stewart, Jr.  The material maybe be
freely distributed for non-commercial use if proper credit is given.)
measurements, in the Notes, Wes states:  "Column 8 is the measured shunt
conductance  (G) in milli-seimans. .  Column 9 is the computed parallel
resistance."  (Rp).  .  .  OK, Wes' spelling of Ernst Siemens' name won't
win no spellin' bee, but it be close enuff.

Using a  Hewlett-Packard Model 4191A RF Impedance Analyzer, Wes measured
from 49 ohms to 169 ohms of Rp -- depending on test frequency for the two
types of suppressors, both of which used a suppressor R of c. 100-ohms.
It seems to me that Rp is Not the 100-ohm suppressor R.  .
 .  Am I wrong on anything so far?

Rich...

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K