[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Parasitics
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 15 May 98 16:29:23 -0500
>>3. Add the +j125.66 in series, to get 28.30 +j170.71 (still series-
>>connected)
>>
>hello
>
>>4. This is now  NEW NETWORK that includes the external 200nH. Transform
>>this new network back into its parallel-equivalent:
>>
>It is my opinion that this is not a legal move.   In other words, adding
>external X to a parallel L-R circuit does not change the Admittance (Y)
>of the parallel circuit.    In other words, it appears that you are
>trying to add oranges and apples, Mr. White.

Rich, I don't know.  I can't find the flaw in his argument.  When you do
series to parallel transformations, you can add in additional reactances
and transform them back.  I remember doing this when creating matching
networks.  Any series resonant network can be transformed into a parallel
network and vice versa.  Many times it is convenient to do this.  This is
so that other reactances can be added to the circuit.  A real world
circuit of a series RL circuit certainly can have an additional L added
to it.  Then that circuit can be transformed into a parallel circuit.  So
why can't you convert a {parallel RL1 network + Series L2} network into a
{series RL1 + Series L2 network} into a {Series R(L1+L2)} network and
back into a parallel R(L1+L2) network?  The math works for me.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden