[AMPS] network analysis rules!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] network analysis rules!
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Sat, 16 May 98 15:59:00 -0500
>Is it reasonable to conclude that the rules for DC circuits, where the
>volts and amps are always in phase, apply broadly to AC circuits, where
>the volts and amps are not always in phase?

The series to parallel conversions that we have been discussing apply
most definitely to AC circuits.  The whole fact that you calculate an
inductor to have a certain reactance means that it is operating in an AC
circuit.  Remember X=2*pi*f*L for an inductor and
X=1/(2*pi*f*L) for a capacitor.  By calculating the reactance in Ohms
(imaginary Ohms of course) of an inductor or cap, you can then apply
things like series conversions and work in complex numbers.  Once an
inductor or capacitor has been transformed into a complex impedance
standard rules apply.

Now remember though that the calculations that Ian did are ONLY good for
the frequency specified: ie: 100 MHz.  If you go to 110 MHz, your
impedances change and you will get some different value.

So yes, the analysis works even at AC frequencies cause last I checked
100 MHz was AC.

73,

Jon
KE9NA