[AMPS] Triode Amp Out/In isolation

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Triode Amp Out/In isolation
From: Shawn Tayler" <stayler@powernet.net (Shawn Tayler)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 19:29:11 -0700
On Thu, 28 May 1998 07:33:16 +0100, Steve Thompson wrote:

>You can improve the in/out isolation by tuning the grid inductance; see
>the articles on 70cm amps by K1FO in the ARRL UHF/Microwave projects
>manual.
>
>Steve

Yup...

A closer inspection of the grid ring finger stock found missing fingers (above
the normal number removed in
the design) and some not even making contact.  An attempt at retensioning the
loose one resulted in them
breaking off.  So I'll be installing new fingerstock and redoing the
test...Thanks for all the help...

BTW....In the article by K1FO for the single 3CX800 amp design he states 20dB
above the operating gain of the
amp for output to input isolation...Glad I found this before putting power to
the unit.

Thanks to all who offered info and help.  It did get me on the right track....

de Shawn
 N7LQ (formerly WB7TDI)

The N7LQ station will be on from DN01fa for June VHF QSO '98
50-2304Mhz, 432 EME capable.....Hope to hear you on!!!!