[AMPS] 8877

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 8877
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 02:03:07 EDT
On Thu, 28 May 1998 21:42:40 -0500 philk5pc@connect.net (Phil Clements)
writes:
>At 08:55 PM 5/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>I have been told by more than one person that some medical facilities
>use 8877s in some of their equipment and that this is a good source
>for used 8877s. Does anyone have any specific information about this?
>>
>The 8877 is used extensively in MRI machines.
>I was told that th tubes are pulled when they fail or at 20,000 hours
>I would be leery of any MRI "pull" until it is tested.

That is pretty poor info IMHO. Any medical pull that I have ever
purchased, tested and resold ( not 3rd hand "told") has been full output.
Consider that the medical industry does not want any more lawsuits than
it already has....the tubes are pulled very early since tube cost is not
important.
There may be an unscrupulous service company out in some backwater area
that will play games or use  pulls in 2nd hand equipment...but not any
that I am aware of......sounds like typical 75M swill to me.

BTW, any 8877 or other tube that has sat dormant for a few years should
be burnt-in before applying RF......just common sense.

73  Carl  KM1H

>(((73)))
>
>"To do is to be".....Sartre
>"To be is to do".....Aristotle
>"To be or not to be".Shakespeare
>"Do be do be do".....Sinatra
>"Yabba dabba do......Flintstone
>
>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]