SV: [AMPS] Bird Wattmeter Error on 160 Meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] Bird Wattmeter Error on 160 Meters
From: sm3pxo@swipnet.se (SM3PXO Petter Gärdin)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:56:48 +0200
Just a little information from the BIRD catalog.

"Higher power Elements have flatter frequency charateristics than thighter
coupled  lower-power units. Beyond the stated frequency range, measurement
results cannot be predicted"

The graph next to the text showes a 100-250MHz element in different power
classes.
The 10W one seams to be pretty good 10-250MHz , and the 500W  40-500MHz.
BUT its a pretty poor graph to read any accurate numbers from, but gives you a
general idea.

So I guess its not only 10% as a rule but what power element you use.

73/Petter SM3PXO