[AMPS] No 24 MHz

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] No 24 MHz
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 98 22:48:23 -0500
>Do you think that the plate choke is sucking all the rf out on 24MHz? If
>so, was there a successful conclusion to this topic when it was running?
>Should I wind a different choke and try that?

IMHO and without knowing more, yes.  It's likely.  The choke in my now
dissambled amp has a resonance around 24.5 to 25 MHz.  Be sure to check
the resonance with the choke in place in the amp.  Just short the ends
together.  This is because measuring the choke by itself in free space
vs. in the cabinet will give different results.

Have fun!

73,

Jon
KE9NA