[AMPS] Solid State 1kw amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Solid State 1kw amp
From: DAVED@ctilidar.com (Dave D'Epagnier)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 12:50:39 -0600
I'm intrigued by the prospect of not having to fuss with tuning every
time I change frequencies and especially not having to obnoxiously tune
up on the air.
So, I'm looking into designing and building a 1-1.5kw broadband solid
state amplifier that needs no tuning, and considering using Motorola
MRF-150s and combiners. Has anybody out there done this? If so was your
resulting linearity acceptable, what transistors did you use, and what
sort of power supply did you come up with? Would you be willing to
discuss your results with me?
Also of interest is possibly a broadband tube amp design requiring no
tuning on the HF ham bands, any input is appreciated.

thanks,

Dave