[AMPS] Commander II HV error

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Commander II HV error
From: wb5apd@stc.net (R.E. Dodson WB5APD EM84ak)
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 18:22:12 -0400
FYI:

        Found the reason my Commander II HV reading was only 2100 vdc no load.
There are (4) resitors located on the rectifier filter board which were
out of tolerence. Read high. They are 2 watt carbon and not shown on
schmatic.(3) 1 meg and (1) 150K in series going to the meter switch.
They are on the bottom ckt board looking down from the top behind the
meter switch (rectifier filter board). You can see them with just the
top case off.
        Mine read 1.296 meg, 1.280 meg, 1.373 meg and 161K. All are 5%
tolerence except for the 150K which is 10%.
        Thanks to John W5UWB and others for helping me figure this out.
Expect to see about 2700 vdc no load as soon as I replace these. Metal
film or carbon 2 watts is what it needs.
--

73's
Robert E. Dodson