[AMPS] Harris RF Amplifier RF-110A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Harris RF Amplifier RF-110A
From: jduffer@mnsinc.com (James D. Duffer)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:08:53 -0400
Hello AMPS listees,

It appears that there is a wealth of knowledge on this list.  I am
hoping that someone can provide me with information regarding the Harris
RF Amplifier, RF-110A:

        1.  Is there anyone using this amplifier in the Amateur Radio Service.
If so, I would appreciate what experiences you've had with this amp, and
your opinion of it for amateur use.

        2.  Are you using the Harris cable between it and the associated power
supply RF-124A?  If not, did you fabricate your own cable and did you
keep the HV connection in the in the multiwire cable or did you run it
separately?  Where did you get your Canon plugs?  I have contacted
Toronto Surplus, and they stated if I would buy a power supply from
them, they would provide the cable, but not as a single item..Since I
have the power supply, this is not a viable source.

        3.  What are you using for an exciter?

Thanks in advance.

73

Jim  WD4AIR