[AMPS] High Power LPF for 50MHz

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] High Power LPF for 50MHz
From: conrad.farlow@virgin.net (Conrad Farlow)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 02:05:08 +0100
Hello,I will shortly be building a 8877 PA for 6m.I am very concerned
about harmonic suppression.I am particularly concerned about the second
harmonic.I know I can use an open circuit 1/4 wave stub at 100 MHz,are
there any recommendations as to which type of coax to use?
I would also like to put a good quality high power low pass filter
across the PA's output.I think I would be better off using doorknob type
transmitting caps and fairly large conductors for the coils in the
LPF.Has anything been published to satisfy these criteria?
If so please point me to the correct place.
Many Thanks
Conrad Farlow G0RUZ
email conrad.farlow@virgin.net