[AMPS] Re: GRT-18 / AM4531 Amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: GRT-18 / AM4531 Amplifier
From: JOHN_DUFFIELD@HP-USA-om24.om.hp.com (JOHN_DUFFIELD@HP-USA-om24.om.hp.com)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 19:41:08 -0400
Item Subject: GRT-18 / AM4531 Amplifier

     OK - The Amp has been delivered...  I find it is manufactured by GRANGER
     ASSOCIATES, not Harris.  A clean-looking strip-line single tube amp with
     integral power supply.  I would still like to find a schematic or manual,
     and am interested in any experiences other users may have had.

     Any one ??

     Have just bought and am waiting delivery of a VHF Amp from Fair Radio

     GRT-18 - AM-4531

     Uses an RCA 8122 in the final - am told it is a product of Harris
     Corporation.

     Any source for manual or schematic ??  Any comments on a main-stream
     conversion for 2M SSB operation ??  Any other observations gratefully
     accepted.  I would rather benefit from your experiences (and
     mistakes??) than to re-invent the electronic wheel.

     Many thanks

     John - K0KHZ -
------
Submissions:                    vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu