[AMPS] Carbon Composition Resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Carbon Composition Resistors
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 98 08:15:45 -0800

>Searching out a supply for Carbon Composition Resistors.
>These are used in the input circuit of my AMP.
>I see them in the MOUSER catalog but only up to 1/2 watt??
>The local parts house had very few almost all now metal film.
>--
Provided one selects MOF resistors with low-inductance,  MOF resistors
are superior to carbon-comp resistors in RF service.  For instance, the
Matsushita 3w-rated 100 ohm MOF resistors we use in our suppressor
retrofit kits have c. 11nH of intrinsic L, and will safely dissipate 12w
for one-hour @75 deg. F ambient.  The trade-off is that such a resistor
can Not be used as a coil-form for a suppressor-L.  .
-  later, Robert.

Rich...