[AMPS] maximum output from an Alpha 89

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] maximum output from an Alpha 89
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner, W7TI)
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 18:02:53 GMT
On Sun, 9 Aug 1998 01:45:04 -0500, "Robert W5AJ" <w5robert@blkbox.com>
wrote:
<snip>
>6.  Always get the HV to zero before you touch the plate cap.
>I short mine to ground before I touch - also watch the HV meter.
Just a word of caution - you should short the positive HV lead to the
negative HV lead, not to ground.  Most GG amps made in recent years do
not connect the negative HV lead to ground except for an "incidental"
connection through the grid current meter.  On an amp which does not
have protection diodes for the meter, you most likely will bend the
needle.

73, Bill W7TI