[AMPS] 4-1000A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4-1000A
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 98 00:53:05 -0500
>A fellow who deals with high power linear devices told me that in their
>work with the
>4-1000A it doesn't become truly linear and clean until 6,000 volts, which
>is about the maximum voltage one should apply ... but then he is a
>perfectionist about such things!

I thought that linearity got worse with increasing anode voltage.  The
reason why I state that is that in some of the charts I have seen on the
tube, the IM products and rated output get worse as the anode voltage
increases.  What improves is that the tube has more gain.

Can someone clarify this for me?  Does linearity increase with anode
voltage or decrease?

73,

Jon
KE9NA