[AMPS] 3-phase fan motor - help please

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3-phase fan motor - help please
From: chris.tran@zetnet.co.uk (Chris W Tran)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:18:01 +0100
Monday 24th August 1998

Hello all

I'm building a new HF amp. and the electric motor on the
blower/fan I have needs a 3-phase supply (it is about
a 1/3 HP motor)

Can anyone tell me how I can run this motor off the AC
supply in my house - I have 2 phases available and I was
thinking of connecting the 2 phases, then a capacitor (or
inductor) to the 3rd phase connection on the motor.
Would this work ??

I know that 'converters' are available (I guess some sort
of 3-phase oscillator powered by a single-phase supply)
Where could I find a circuit to build one of these if my
2-phase supply does not work ?

If all else fails, I'll have to replace the 3-phase motor
with a single-phase one, but this is difficult mechanically.

Thanks for any advice.

73     Chris Tran  GM3WOJ

Please reply to <chris.tran@zetnet.co.uk)